Health Insurance and Medicare
SHICK - Senior Health Insurance Counseling of Kansas
SHICK is a free program provided to people over 65 who are enrolling or re-enrolling for Medicare during the Open Enrollment period. Due to pandemic restrictions and in an abundance of caution, our office will be holding SHICK appointments a little differently than in past years. If you are interested in an appointment, please call 785-263-2001 and ask about Medicare Appointments.
- Medicare Overview - This document illustrates what is covered by Medicare Parts A and B, deductibles and co-insurance.
- Medicare Premiums, Deductibles, and Co-Pays - This document contains deductible and co-pay amounts for Medicare Part A and B, as well as current premiums, including premium amounts for higher-income beneficiaries.
- Standardized Medicare Supplement Plans - Comparison table of 10 standardized Medicare supplement plants.
- Kansas Insurance Department Medicare Supplement Shopper's Guide - Click on the Online Shopper's Guide link to obtain a cost estimate for Medicare Supplement plans in your area.
- How to Use the Medicare Plan Finder - Step-by-step instructions on using the Medicare Plan Finder at medicare.gov to select a Medicare prescription drug plan.
- Low Income Subsidy and Medicare Savings Program - Income and asset limits to qualify for assistance with Medicare prescription drug and other medical costs.
- Medicare Options Workbook
- Medicare Website
- Social Security Website
- Kansas Insurance Department
- What is SHICK
Resources to Assist Those With Limited Incomes:
- Kansas Drug Card - Free Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) for residents of Kansas and their families. This is not prescription drug insurance, but a discount program to assist those without insurance with their drug costs. [Note: This is not creditable coverage for those on Medicare.]